Thursday 12 February 2015

I BELIEVE

I BELIEVE
©Adeolu Adesanya and Juanita Vera Feb 2014

Let's life a stormy sea
And its wind a turmoil be
I will fly and float away
I will swim and sail away.

Transformed dreams and hopes like butterflies
to fly so far like clouds above, 
I see them soar, wing free 
my heart at last will cry no more, 
My soul released I soar in love.

I can see obstacles my stepping stones 
And treasures like sea pebbles 
Glistering and heralding my glory
As I walk on waters of victory. 

I'm a butterfly cascading high
Over slime, stain and shame
Let the mud sling a colourful rays
In grandiose display I rest my case. 


2 comments:

  1. nice words...
    i too see obstacles as my stepping stones.
    -robin http://mysecretinnuendo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. flying or sailing, that's life's thanksgiving.

    fantastic poetry.

    ReplyDelete